If Mad Men and Modern Family never get another award I would be very happy. Enough already. Those Emmy people get on something and then don't get off for like years and years. What's up with that?
Margo from Justified won for best supporting actress even though Elmore Leonard et al, killed off her wonderful character and when I say wonderful I mean wonderfully written, wonderfully acted and evil and base as all get out. We miss her still. Well deserved.
Peter Dinklage won best supporting actor for Game of Thrones also well deserved. Although his part is written so well, and that's half the battle but Dinklage has been great for years, so, good on him.
Guy Pearce and Kate Winslett somehow pulled a win out of that maudlin and over-wrought (and unwatchable) Mildred Pearce, so good for them.
Everything else was pretty dang tiresome. The gowns weren't all that whoop-de-do for me this year although Zoe Daeschenal wore a huge pink concoction that made an impact. Everyone else is younger than young, thinner than thin. The SNL music set wasn't as funny as it was on the show, but those Canadian tenors were a nice touch singing over the in Memorium stills.
Just one last peeve: it started at 5p.m. my time, what the what? And over by 8p.m. my time. What the heck am I supposed to do for another two hours on a sunday night? Disappointing.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment