Tuesday, May 31, 2011
MI-5
Of all the British series I've been watching lately, this one is the fastest paced, most serious of them all. No kidding about state security after all. I have learned that MI-5 is internal security and MI-6 is the international unit. I have also learned that if you watch enough British TV you see the same actors over and over again. Some even sporting american accents. The fast pace keeps boredom at bay, but I fear the formula will get tiresome at some point: each episode the entire country is either going to blow apart at the seams, or some terrorist is going to blow up something or other. Sometimes they go undercover and pretend to be normal people, but dollars to donuts, if we get a personal relationship outside of work, it is doomed to fail. Poor spys. Called "Spooks" locally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment